Old 04-12-2002, 11:14 AM
MC Emily

Default When to sow Cowslip seeds?

Oh yikes, I hadn't thought it would be that complicated!! I'm not really a
'fiddly' gardener and this seems awfully 'fiddly' to me. How would they go
on if they had just fallen 'in the wild'? Do they not do very well? I'll
try the seed companies, too. Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated.

Jaqy

"Anne Middleton/Harold Walker" wrote

I have had the best results via: sowing in moist not wet soiless mix and
encapsulating in a plastic baggie to prevent moisture

evaporation....leaving
at room temp. for a couple of weeks and then placing in the fridge for 3

4 weeks and then returning to room temp. for germination....if you have a
good light set-up you can sow now and the transplants will be ready that
much sooner..if you send your query to either Thompson & Morgan or

Chiltern
Seeds they may offer you their "expert" advice............HW.