Old 12-08-2005, 10:17 PM
zxcvbob

Jim Carter wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:31:14 +0200, Dominic-Luc Webb
wrote in rec.gardens.edible:

I cross-pollinated with a brush a couple weekends ago (bees
did not pay much attention to the plants, butterflies a
little more). There are now obvious signs of fruit. I wish
to obtain seeds for next season, as this is my first effort.
That is all relvevant info I can think of.

This does not sound good. Tomatoes are self pollinating and to
get the same strain a "sock" (well, panty hose) should be placed
over the developing flower whose seeds you wish to keep. Do not
let it cross with other types of tomatoes.

If the air is still, flick the flowers gently over several days
to make pollen fall and fertilise the flower. The brush will
work, but it is hard to prevent cross-pollination on the ones you
wish to keep the seeds.
--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a

Tomatillo plants are self-sterile. You need at least 2 plants to get
any fruit. (it surprised me the first year I tried to grow one)

But for OP's question, just pick up fallen tomatilloes at the the end of
the season for seeds. (you will probably have thousands of volunteer
plants next year anyway)

Bob