Old 13-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Emrys Davies

"Sue" wrote in message
.. .
Thought I'd try again, either nobody's got any ideas or it got lost in

the
ether!

Hi,

I want to plant some trees that I can keep small (say 10 feet high) in

the
centre of my garden.Clay soil at the lower end of the slope.

All advice welcome as I'm very much a novice!

Thanks,

Sue

Sue,

The information you give is very limited and consequently there is a
difficulty in understanding exactly what your requirements are.

How big is your garden and its location? (e.g. Northern Scotland) Is it
a lawn? How many trees are you going to plant and how close will they
be to each other or the house? Do you have any preferences regarding
colour, flowers, berries, autumn colouring, conifers or any other
consideration.

Also it would be very useful to know how open you are to the elements
because the leaves of some trees will get scorched by direct afternoon
sun and cold winds.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.