Old 13-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:
In message , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

Just to keep on topic - apart from using a huge net or getting up in the
early hours, how can I stop wasps from eating my figs, please?

Very keen eyesight, a steady arm and an air rifle.

Thanks. None are ripe today after the first success but tomorrow may be
different. (Funnily enough, the wasps seemed to know that and have not
been around today).

Quite seriously, I'm looking round for an old smoothbore airgun. Using
dust shot, I want to try the combination on the plague of large white
flutterbies which the local millions of acres of rape nurture. (There
are sometimes ten or fifteen in my small garden at one time this year.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/