Old 13-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Dr.

"bassett" wrote in message
How does that work, I thought Algae needed , some form of Sunlight to
grow ?

The article I read stated that he used a desk lamp, under the stand, left on
24 hours. Probably one of the ones with the flexible head, so it could be
pointed upward illuminate the UGF plates. A cheap flourescent light fixture
from a hardware store suspended upside-down under the stand would probably
work better, I'd think.

If the article is correct, I guess algae doesn't require sunlight to thrive.
Someone with a tank that is not exposed to any natural light, such as a
windowless basement would be able to say for sure.

Gary