Old 13-08-2005, 11:54 AM
JennyC

"jw 1111" wrote in message
Hi, i have been given some soil, buts it's 100 meters away and there is no
access for a wheelborrow, or any path suitable for wheeled transport. so
far i have been using supermarket plastic bags. (my plastic buckets do not
hold much more and i have to hold them out to stop banging my legs, which
makes my arms ache more than using the plastic bags).

since i want quite a lot, any tips on the best way to transport it?

Make some sort of contraption to put on your back like a rucksack?
A large container fitted somehow with straps ??

There are also 'back packs' with a head strap to help distribute the weight:
http://www.eurekalert.org/features/k...-cso060805.php

And this Senegal women has the right idea :~))
http://image24.webshots.com/25/1/5/5...7PoCpgy_ph.jpg

HTH
Jenny