Old 13-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Stephen Henning

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Seasalt rain does contribute to our acid-rain problems.

Salt does not make things acidic, it buffers the acidity and raises the
pH of acidic solutions. So if you have acid rain, you do not have
saline rain. The reverse is true, acid rain causes salt depletion.

Look up the websites in my post to Stephen, he has misled you.

Which one, the one on the increased salinity of Australia's arid regions
by rainwater or the picture of Brodick Castle with no rhododendrons or
azaleas in it. We are not talking about property boundaries, but about
where rhododendrons and azaleas thrive.

Just because you can raise rhododendrons and azaleas and own some swamp
land doesn't mean that they thrive in swamp land. Let's use some logic
here.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6