Old 14-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Jan

Default Deformed leaves

One of my plants is growing deformed leaves. The bottom leaves are fine, but
the top 2 leaves (the newest) are misshapen.
Is there something in the water (i.e. lack of nutrients) that is causing
this? For a picture, go to

The other plant (#2 on the web page) doesn't grow well at all. It is turning
brown, and it is covered in algae. It does produce many small offshoots, but
they don't grow much. What can I do to make this plant grow?

Also, could anyone provide the names for these plants?

Some info on my tank: 20 gallon with small fish (mostly tetras), set up 6
months ago, pH 7, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 40 ppm. I add liquid
fertilizer weekly.

Thanks.