Old 13-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Warren

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Warren" contains these words:

Thank goodness you pointed out how everyone else lies so much,
otherwise I'd
never realize that you're the only generous who really knows how to grow
azaleas!

There's another of your lies, Warren. I haven't said *everyone* else
lies. You do, clearly.

Ah. That clears it up. You don't know what the definition of a lie is.

A lie is a known false statement deliberately presented as being true. It is
not simply something that is factually incorrect. And certainly isn't
something that is factually incorrect on a technicality. If I say "tall
people bump their heads on doorways", that's not a "lie" even if technically
they don't always bump their heads. If I say "a tall person just bumped his
head on my doorway", that would be a lie because not only isn't it true, I
know it's not true, and I deliberately presented it as being true. However
if I believe that a tall person bumped his head, and it turns out he didn't,
it would not have been a lie for me to say it because I believed it to be
true at the time.

So the problem isn't that you're calling people liars when they aren't
telling lies. The problem is you're calling people liars because you don't
know what a lie is! That explains a lot! You're not a wicked name caller.
You're just ignorant.

BTW... Are you going to put your money where your mouth is, and offer to pay
for any damage that happens if it turns out you're not right about azaleas
thriving in salt water conditions? Or are you ready to back down from your
ridiculous assertion that azaleas thrive in salty conditions? You
side-stepped that in your last reply, and I'm all ready to pour some
sal****er on my azaleas per your recommendation, but not if you're not
willing to stand behind your statements.

Admitting that you might be wrong about azaleas thriving in salt water
wouldn't make you a liar. It's quite obvious that you really believe(d) it
to be true, which means admitting that you may have been wrong isn't the
same as admitting you're a liar -- unless you then claim that you never said
something that you did.

Or you can just call me a liar again, and demonstrate your ignorance once
more.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/