Old 14-08-2005, 01:33 AM

Warren wrote:
I agree that paying so much for a battery raises some flags. Searching for a
better price is a good idea.

But after seven years, $180 for a new battery compares well to the cost of
annually servicing a gas engine. Sure, a corded electric mower has even
lower maintenance costs, but then you have to deal with that damn cord
that's always in the way, or is getting caught on something.

Each kind of mower has it's own best application. I'd advise someone who
needs to get a new mower to consider all the pros and cons as they relate to
their specific situation. I'd never simply say that a corded mower is better
than a cordless mower any more than I'd say a sedan is better than a coupe.
It all depends on the specific situation.

Warren,
Where did I say that a corded mower is always better?

Dave