Old 13-08-2005, 10:42 PM
The Cook

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

Minneapolis Farmers Market has folks selling Heirloom Tomatoes. One
vendor (a helper, not the grower) couldn't tell me if that was the name
of the varietal or simply a broader term for something that's not a
hybrid. I'm thinking it's the latter and the young woman simply didn't
know the varietal. Am I right?

Yes. Heirloom are open pollinated ones that have been around for some
period of time. There are probably hundreds of heirloom tomatoes.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."