Old 14-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Warwick

In article . com,
says...
Hi,

We've a couple of plants growing at the end of our garden and aren't
sure what they are (they're quite tall).

I've uploaded a pic of its leaves and berries at the following;
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dotsy....db.jpg&.src=ph

If anyone has a chance could they have a quick look and let us know
what they think it is (and if we should be nervous about the berries
being eaten by our toddler...)

That looks a *lot* like deadly nightshade. Removal would be advised by
the cautious.

I'm fairly sure that the plant has become rare and has some levels of
protection. Were the identification to be confirmed it may get some
protection applied.

Failing to get further confirmation from someone official would be
*wrong*. Digging it out before the berries drop and burning it would be
a terrible thing to do in a garden with a toddler around.

Warwick - invisible tags should be taken as read