Old 14-08-2005, 01:16 PM
The Cook

Dominic-Luc Webb wrote:

Subject says all. There are a couple different varieties. I
have the classic small green type, a similar sized purple
type (called conveniently "Purple") and a large green type
that gives a fruit about the size of a beef tomato. Most,
but not all, are in a greenhouse (I am near Uppsala, Sweden).
For now temperature in greenhouse is holding between 20-30
degrees C, but maybe not much longer, at least at night.

I cross-pollinated with a brush a couple weekends ago (bees
did not pay much attention to the plants, butterflies a
little more). There are now obvious signs of fruit. I wish
to obtain seeds for next season, as this is my first effort.
That is all relvevant info I can think of.

Any suggestions on how to determine when tomatillos will be
ripe? Other suggestions, like fertilizers, are welcome (plants
look healthy for now).

Dominic

Check this site out.
http://www.floridata.com/main_fr.cfm...s/contents.cfm

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."