Old 14-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Lol

"Pam Moore" wrote

-snip-

Good luck with the coriander! I have never succeeded in keeping
pot-grown coriander (from Lidl, Tesco etc) beyond a couple of days.

Sadly I decided that it would be clever to plant it 5 inches below the
surface of a nice brick textured red ornamental pot - thus allowing the rim
to support the plant until it was strong enough - it rained yesterday and
the leaves are all now welded to the side of the pot :-(

.... but it is the little failures in life that make the successes such a
pleasure - 59p for Coriander is a bargain - and there are much bigger fish
to fry - like my new Clematis Montana -

oh - and yes - I did plant some seeds from the herb jars - so as warned - if
I get anything it will be the wrong kind of Coriander - but I feel sure it
will be very pretty - my first plant from seed - I have taken the precaution
of putting it INSIDE the conservatory :-)

regards Lol