Old 14-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Mike Lyle

martin wrote:
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:44:08 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...icle305730.ece
"GM privet

There is a lot of discussion about the pros and cons of

genetically
modified products such as tomatoes and wheat crops. But there can

be
no one, surely, who would find fault with a privet hedge that can

be
grown to the height you want and never needs trimming. And that's
just what Willgrow, the world's biggest GM research centre, in
Lima, Ohio, has come up with. Its GM Perfect Privet can be grown

within centimetres of your desired specification.

There's a useful little dial on the packet, to set the height

you
want. Be sure to buy the UK version, or you could find the

time-zone
adjuster a bit temperamental.

NL version. My wife enjoys cutting the hedge, so we'll be setting

it
to 5 metres.

Not to be a partypooper or anything, but who wants a privet hedge
anyway?

--
Mike.