Old 14-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Sue

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
The message
from Dave Poole contains these words:

snip
To that end, I consider it to be a weed and am surprised to see it
offered at nearly 5 quid a shot in the local garden centres. As a
'weed' it is probably reasonable pleasant to look at (note - I can't
quite bring myself to describe it as 'attractive' ), but I would
never buy it - its just too erm ... dull.

Yes. My neighbour has one, so as a result, do I. The seedlings looked a
little like lobelia, amongst which they appeared, and I put them in a
planter. They soon began to grow in a rather un-lobelialike manner and I
now have a four-foot bushy thing under restraint.

I recently saw a large-ish bushy thing in a local garden centre that I
thought looked like Leycesteria with yellow foliage, although it had
annoyingly lost its label. Apparently there's a variety called 'Golden
Lanterns' so that was probably it.