Old 14-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Rod Craddock

"Kay" wrote in message
the plant database that this is based on is unlikely to be as finely
divided as post code areas - it's probably 1km squares, or even 10km
squares. When you type in your post code, it finds the square that
your
postcode lies in, and gives you all the plants for that.

Yes, I think it's 10km squares so it's quite a blunt instrument in
that sense. I recently had a couple of orchids I wanted to separate,
there would probably only have been one of them at the particular site
I was looking at but both occur in the 10km square so it wasn't a lot
of help
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.