Old 14-08-2005, 11:34 PM
kicksave

Default Tree identification needed...

I have a 80ft tulip (or yellow) poplar in my back yard that is my
absolute favorite tree. Just at its base, I've had a tree sprout this
season that looks similar to a poplar, but it's leaves just aren't
quite right. Does anyone know if young poplars have oddly shaped
leaves? If you look at the link, you'll see that although the top of
the leaf looks like a poplar, the sides cut in much closer to the
midrib vein than a typical yellow poplar leaf. Any help would be much
appreciated!!

A picture of the tree next to (what I assume is) daddy:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...5/DSCN0027.JPG

A close-up of the leaf:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...5/DSCN0026.JPG