Old 15-08-2005, 02:47 AM
George

"Dan" wrote in message
Reel Mckoi wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message

I have more than enough plants now for the number of fish?
Could the yellowing leaves on the lettuce just be due to age?

It sounds like they're starving. You can either remove some of the
water lettuce or add some potash to the pond. You can buy potash at
almost any nursery. The recommended amount is 1 Tbs. per 1000 gallons.
A little more wont hurt and wont encourage algae. They may also need
iron! I use Ironite in the soil I pot my pond plants in and what seeps
from the pots seems to be enough for the water lettuce and hyacinths.

CR....

Thanks! I'll pick some up tomorrow on my way home from work.

YOu may walso want to add some potash to the ironite.