Old 14-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "BoyPete" contains these words:

Can I make tomato juice similar to bought stuff from my surplus crop?

Similar.

Cook tomatoes in a casserole with a tablespoon of water, (I use a
microwave for the cooking) then work the pulp through a sieve using a
wooden spoon.

There is a tool called (IIRC) a mouli which is supposed to make this
easier, but I found it pretty useless with tomatoes.

--
Rusty

Perhaps a better way of using up surplus crop is to make soup.
It can be stored by freezing for yonks.
I can check with Mrs canalshop for the recipe she uses, if anybody wants it.
Delicious ! (she made and froze 6 double portions today)

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com