Old 15-08-2005, 05:59 PM
MDJ[_1_] MDJ[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Location: Preston
Default rhododnedrons but an alkaline soil

Hello,

My name is Malcolm. I am a new gardner and very inexperienced. I live in NW UK.

I wish to establish a 15 metre row of rhododenron bushes to form a more or less solid hedge with a height of one to one and half metres to hide a wooden fence and to encorage wildlife into the gaden. Ideally, I would like to get a variety of plants to provide alonger flowering season and a range of different colours. Regrettably, i have a decidedly alkaline soil. The top soil is about 400 cm in depth. Beneath that is clay. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you wish to e-mail me at my own address plese do so on

Many thanks

malcolm