Old 15-08-2005, 04:30 PM
~patches~

Sandy wrote:
This is my 1st year growing potatoes......I love the baby potatoes,,,,,,,we
grew them in flower pots.....big one's,,,,,,,at least 10 of them........you
can grow veggie's anywhere and in any kind of container,,,,,,milk
crate's,,kid's plastic pool,,,,,,,, old tin breadbox,, on your property or
deck or even a small balcony,,the sky is the limit, just use your
imagination...,,,,,,,and I'm thrilled,,,,,,,what a feast we had,,,,,enjoy!

I put in about 10 potato plants each year because DH loves the baby
potatoes. I don't even know what kinds I have this year - some are
white and some are red. What I do is a few weeks before starting up the
garden I let a few potatoes in sprout. Whatever sprouts is what we get.
This year I had whites and reds. A nice surprise was 3 rogue potato
plants that popped up - one in the strawberry bed and 2 in the compost
pile.

"Grub" wrote in message

As Im fairly new to gardening Id like to know how I go about growing
potatoes. What is the best time to grow them and whats the best brand?

As I dont actually have a garden I was hoping I could grow them inside
a big plastic bin, is this possible and whats the best time to harvest
if Im after new potatoes?

--
Grub