Old 15-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Elaine T

Dr. wrote:
"Elaine T" wrote in message
news
The rinsing plan sounds fine. I don't think there's any way to avoid some
sediment unless you use Eco Complete rather than Flourite.

The LFS where I buy most of my goodies had the Eco Complete, and 2 planted
tanks with it as substrate. Looked really nice. I picked up 200 pounds of
it, and will probably do the deed next weekend. Or tomorrow, if I'm feeling
ambitious.

Gary

Cool! I hope the switch goes smoothly for you. Eco Complete says not
to rinse on the bag, but I dumped it in the tank and rinsed it by
draining and refilling the tank because I wasn't sure I wanted their
buffers. Eco Complete has a lot of small particles so it wouldn't be
easy to rinse through a sieve. It worked fine. Then I mixed in the
Flourite and got the famous cloud that you get to avoid. ;-)

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__