Old 16-08-2005, 02:47 AM
Roy

Well it certainly was not the real plants that turned the water green
either. You evidently had an algae bloom.........which can also happen
in a bare pond without any plants. For some reason or other I can't
see artifical plants in a water garden setup.........All of my
pickerel rush and cat tails are in 6" or more of water and do
extremely well......

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:50:20 GMT, "Cheryl and Rob"
wrote:

===Anyone ever use artificial plants in their pond? I tried a few real plants
===and they just made the water really dark green after just three days. I had
===a little Anchors and a dwarf cattail and a pickerel rush (blue).
===
===I understand that the cattail and the pickeral rush are marginals and I did
===have them in six inches of water and no leaves fell off of either of them to
===make the water green. The anacharis was submerged as well.
===
===Does anyone have any logical explanation as to why my water went dark green?
===

"The original frugal ponder"