Old 15-08-2005, 10:44 PM
WaltA

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/gnu.htm

We used similar stuff for giving fish a bit of a fright as well

An initial interest in fireworks led to an interest in colouring
them, which led to an interest in spectroscopy which led to an
interest in the electron structure of the shells (no not that kind of
shell Rusty ! ) of atoms which led all the way to Schrodinger and God
playing dice (Einstein - on quantum mechanics). Kids dont have that
kind of intro to science and engineering any more,,,
ooops, I think I just ranted again

I also tried it with a certain trihydric alcohol otherwise used in cake
icing, suppositories and to adulterate cheap wines to give them body.

Crumbs! I never even contemplated doing that, my hands were never
steady enough :-))

Once...

I would have thought that once was one more than was wise !