Old 15-08-2005, 10:56 PM
WaltA

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:26:46 +0000 (UTC), "Robert" wrote:
"Andrew Ross" wrote
: if I let
: them grow can I eat the actual bean? - in the same way as you can eat
whole
: broad beans when they're very young or leave them to grow into actual
beans?

You're not supposed to eat them without boiling them first

For at least 10 mins ??
I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that that applied to the
coloured beans, the red/black/pink seeds only.
I think the white ones (Czar etc) are ok.

but I know some
do eat them and have no harmful effects.

Depends upon quantity perhaps ?
The warnings that I read were addressed to vegetarians and sprouting-
seed eaters who do that sort of thing often !