Old 16-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Charlie Pridham

"derek" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm on the South West coast of Ireland, where the weather is fairly mild
(hardly ever snows, very little frost), and I'm looking for the pros and
cons of Solar versus Poly. The financial difference, I understand, and

the
solar tunnel seems to be the way to go, for the following reasons:

Lasts longer
Possibly allows more light in
Easier to assemble
Easier to extend
Higher sides allow more growing space.

I'm sure there will be arguments for and against... I'd be interested to
hear them.

Thanks

Derek

Not clear what you mean by a solar tunnel, I know what a polytunnel is, if
you are referring to structures covered in polycarbonate sheeting then most
people down here in Cornwall are replacing them as they proved a costly
mistake, caused a lot of scorch on plants, got too hot in summer and were
not as good in wind as a conventional poly tunnel. (but you may mean
something else entirely :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk