Old 16-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Michael Persiano

Justin:

Everyone (yes, everyone) loses trees. All bonsai have a limited lifespan, but the lifespan can be quite significant for any tree if precautions are taken.

Trees die from a number of reasons:

1. Natural events (storms have taken more than one of my trees).
2. Insects and Common Disease (most of which can be dealt with through preventative maintenance, insecticides and fungicides).
3. Mismanagement (this is where insufficient soil, overwatering, inadequate fertilizing, and poor bonsai technique destroy trees).

Nothing is guaranteed in this living art, but I can assure you that study, practice, and patience can result in a group of bonsai that thrive under your experienced care throughout your life.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob