Old 16-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Cheryl and Rob

But would this make my water so green overnight????
"Cheryl and Rob" wrote in message
Anyone ever use artificial plants in their pond? I tried a few real
plants and they just made the water really dark green after just three
days. I had a little Anchors and a dwarf cattail and a pickerel rush
(blue).

I understand that the cattail and the pickeral rush are marginals and I
did have them in six inches of water and no leaves fell off of either of
them to make the water green. The anacharis was submerged as well.

Does anyone have any logical explanation as to why my water went dark
green?