Old 16-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Derek Broughton

Cheryl and Rob wrote:

Anyone ever use artificial plants in their pond?

Even in an aquarium artificial plants decay in light over time. In a pond,
they would look terrible in less than a season.

I tried a few real
plants and they just made the water really dark green after just three
days. I had a little Anchors and a dwarf cattail and a pickerel rush
(blue).

Why do you think the plants caused this? More likely, I'd say, it was your
_lack_ of plants. Algae will grow in a pond, with or without the presence
of other plants, but other plants can inhibit its growth.
--
derek