Old 16-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Tex John

or Fruit Flies....every batch of bananas we get from Wal-Mart carries their
eggs in and annoys the crap out of me a few days later. Kitchen scraps are
probably staying wet and fruity which they like :)

Grass clippings are good but are also high in nitrogen. I'd suggest a good
carbon source that is also dry to help dry it out a bit -- dead leaves for
instance...my neighbors toss nicely collected bags of them weekly :)

hth
John

wrote in message
oups.com...
Fungus Gnats
A real PIA in overwatered houseplants but no real problem outside.
See if you can find some grass clippings to mix in .