Old 16-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Robert Bedard

I was not the one that originally used the word "whine."

;-)

And K Barret certainly did make a personal reference, which I find
difficult to understand, since I have never met her or hand any
interactions with her previously. Personally, I like her posts when I
run across them, I think she is usually a sensible and very fair person.

I do not understand the open hostility towards anybody that suggests
that ressurecting OGRES could be a good idea. I have said before and I
say it again, I liked OGRES, I know that it had issues; issues rooted in
the human condition, you cannot get away from those by avoiding orchid
rating systems. I would like to see it around again. I, personally, will
not implement it if some of the issues are not resolved. That does not
mean that somebody else will not pick it up, but that seems unlikely.

I DO agree that this is not about me. If you spent any time actually
communicating with me, you might find that out.

;-)

rob't

Al wrote:

I like the idea of ogres. "We" makes me say that. I also see one of your
points about the system.

Tone of voice and word choice can be insightful and incite-full.