Old 17-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Layne

Probably, but I figure it can't hurt. I've tried Superthrive (just to
see) and it's just about as or more expensive as HB101. My mainstay in
any fertilizing has been cold processed liquid kelp along with some
form of liquid organic fertilizer and all my plants are happy on that
regimen. But, I was curious to see what might happen on this Butterfly
that's been having branch die back. I've had it for about a year and
this year and last it has had quite a few branches turn to wood. If I
see no branch die back next season while using HB101 I may keep using
it on that tree and perhaps all my other trees.

Layne

On 15 Aug 2005 17:41:48 -0700, (Jim Lewis) wrote:

Layne wrote:

FWIW, I couldn't resist and bought the $23.00 bottle. I
figure getting one small sample wasn't enough to see any
noticable change in a plant. I'm going to try it on one
of my Japanese maples that has been suffering from some
branch die back this season and last. It might be
verticillium or just the overall health of the tree
that's in question. We'll see.

My guess is that 10 of those $23 bottles won't be enough to
see any "noticeable change" in anything . . . but your wallet.