Old 17-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Rachel

wrote in message
oups.com...
I ran into alot of poison ivy. The three leaves I am certain is poison
ivy (three leaves per stem, powder covered stalk. 100% certain is
poison ivy.

There are other where it 3 three leaves per stem on some of the smaller
branches, then goes to 3 leaves at end w/ two leaves below on per stem
larger branches. Powder on stalk until it gets to a trunk (with
vertical grain) about 3" diamater. 4' tall. Not certain what its.

Questions?
Can poison ivy have 5 leaves on more established branches?

Poison ivy (three leaves, shiny) often grows alongside Virginia creeper
(mostly five leaves, three leaves when just starting out, not as shiny, and
not an irritant). For a good comparison, look at this page on Virginia
creeper, then follow its link to poison ivy:
http://muextension.missouri.edu/expl...niacreeper.htm

Poison ivy hops all over the place because it has whole clumps of berries
(=seeds) that fall off the vines that are high up in trees, or are eaten and
processed by birds. And, it spreads from the roots.