Old 17-08-2005, 01:43 AM

Lynn,

Planting on an angle is interesting. you have to support the plants
right from the beginning, well once the come out of the ground. Your
roots are closer to the surface and the water from the roots doesn't
have to climb as him. What's the angle you use and generally how is
your yield?

Actually, here's a question, what's a good yield per tomato plant?

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:29:36 GMT, "Lynn"
wrote:

we do something very similiar but when we plant it it is at an angle. I
don't use cages either mostly because the plants outgrows them. We use
sticks about 5-6 feet tall to stake our tomatoes. Mine are all started from
seed ,except 8 plants that I bought. I lost them due to a cold wet early
summer. everything here was about a month off.( I am just now getting my
first crop of yellow beans)

BTW we use the tomato cages for the cucumbers plants. that way I can plant
more than what my little space would allow for without going over onto the
lawn