Old 16-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Kay

In article , Tom Atkinson thomas@thom
asatkinson.wanadoo.co.uk writes

Last year I sowed seeds of brugsmania.
I overwintered one and planted it in a large pot in springtime. It is now 9
ft tall having branched at 3 ft. There are no flowers showing. What should I
do.

It seems to like quite a bit of warmth to kick-start the flowering -
once the first flower buds have appeared they carry on appearing
regardless.

Last year was pretty dismal, and my larger plant didn't start flowering
until September in the greenhouse. This year we had a warm spell early
on, and it produced the first flower in July, so I moved both it and the
one I grew from a seed last year out on to the terrace - the older one
has continued flowering but the other one isn't, and I'm considering
moving it back into the greenhouse.

So - make sure yours is in the sunniest place possible. If it still
doesn't flower, then prune it back to a strong shoot - it's easier to
cope with over winter if it's not too big - then next spring, keep it as
warm and light as possible until you've got some flowers coming.

If you fertilise it, use tomato or rose fertiliser rather than general
purpose.
--
Kay