Old 17-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Janet Galpin

The message
from (WaltA) contains these words:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:42:25 +0100, Janet Galpin wrote:
I wondered whether anyone else had tried these varieties and how they
had had turned out.

Sorry, I cannot help with your question !
but this site seems very impressed with Mira ( I googled it after I
saw your post)
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/suttonelms/sarpo.html

I'd like to thank you for posting that info. because I gave up on
growing most potatoes many years ago because of blight and now only
grow a few first earlies, which are consumed before the blight strikes
!

So it sounds like I should give them a try next year.
Thanks.

Yes, I was close to giving up too which was why I wanted to sing their
praises.

I looked at the website pictures and would say mine look like the second
picture. To have really bushy foliage still fresh and green in
mid-August is astonishing for me as I wouldn't normally have any foliage
left at all by now, except a few brown withered bits. I planted mine in
mid-March.
Janet G