Old 17-08-2005, 05:04 AM

Salty Thumb wrote:

I went to batteries plus to get a SLA for my trimmer, price was $20 more
than same or similarly named website price, but I bought anyway. tempus
est pecunia.

most cordless stuff will use NiCd, NiMH or lithium, not really cost
effective for a large stuff like a mower, but i guess it's possible.

Thank you, and all others that replied to my message. I found that
Batteries Plus is right in town, Houston, TX. I took my batteries in
and the guy tested them saying they're fully charged and were also good
in load testing. I went ahead and bought new batteries anyway (and left
old ones there). Came home and installed them. I finally finished
cutting very tall grass!

Now the problem I find is that I can't recharge. I plugged the charger
into the mower (with new batteries) and plugged in charger power cord.
The charger light doesn't show either red or green. I doubt it's my
charger because my old batteries were fully charged according to the
guy. But I remember if the mower end is unplugged, the charger red
light should light up. Now it doesn't. I'm going to bring the charger
to the shop tomorrow and see if they can test it.

Yong Huang