Old 17-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Lynn

It is not that much of an angle. once I am ready to plant it in the garden
it is only about 45 degrees. and yes I support the plants right of the bat.
but it grows straight up like other plants. Last year our plants were about
5 feet tall with thick stalks. my plants were planted very close together as
well ( too close) and I had way more than what I could eat, make chow, make
salsa , freeze (still have some of last years in the freezer) and give to
neighbors.
This year I don't know yet. our summer was about a month off this year due
to cold and wet weather ( Nova Scotia). I never actually counted tomatoes
per plant but I will this year

I found the instructions for this in a book library. it was from an older
book I am going back today so I will look up the book for you. It was very
interesting esp for a small garden like mine. My garden is raised beds about
12 feet long 3 feet wide.

this might explain a little on how I did it. notice how after the plant gets
going that they snip of the first leaves and plant to it?
https://www.reneesgarden.com/articles/grow-tomato.htm

--
Lynn

wrote in message
Lynn,

Planting on an angle is interesting. you have to support the plants
right from the beginning, well once the come out of the ground. Your
roots are closer to the surface and the water from the roots doesn't
have to climb as him. What's the angle you use and generally how is
your yield?

Actually, here's a question, what's a good yield per tomato plant?