Old 17-08-2005, 04:35 PM
MarkA[_1_] MarkA[_1_] is offline
Registered User

[/i][/color]
Try talking about 'native plants' and 'endangered in the wild', and
print out some internet pics of field geranium, corncockle and the like
;-)

--
Kay
"Do not insult the crocodile until you have crossed the river"[/quote]

Good thought Kay, but such matters are meaningless to my landlord - he's a decent bloke, but so un-green he's turning orange. Bearing in mind that this would be a temporary measure in the interval between building said shed and a more extensive re-modelling of the (small) garden in a couple of years time, and I hope to combine it with a raised bed for salad veg., my arguments would be entirely economic, i.e. it's cheaper to re-use the subsoil than hiring a skip to cart it away, it's cheaper to sow a WF meadow than pave the whole area, and it's cheaper than any other option because I'd do the work and pay for the seed!

Mark