Old 17-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Tropical Haven

doug wrote:

"Tropical Haven" wrote in message
news:uw7Me.4736$TR.2525@lakeread08...

I would like to try growing plants while I had been exclusively a fish
aquarist. I life in Central Florida, and I was wondering what might some
of the risks be of trying some of the native "water weeds".

I live in Central fl too, and some of the local plants that are readily
found
are sagittaria, cabomba,hornwort, bacopa, ludwigia, salvinia, duck weed and
a few others.
Also readily found are the invasives: Hygrophilla and
water sprite (c thalicteroides),water luttuce, water hyancith and others.
There are definitely others, invasives and natives, that are here but either
cant remember them or they are harder to find (riccia, milfoil, stargrass
etc)

these would all do great in your "Porch tank"

Doug

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but what part of Florida
do you live in? I'm located in Gainesville.

TH