Old 17-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Sacha

On 17/8/05 16:01, in article ,
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

I didn't get up to the moor on Sunday but I did get the Collins books -
Emperor Moth it is - or as sure as I can be.

Have a look at the spurge hawk moth patterkiller, that has light (but
not bright yellow) pairs of spots on each segment.

It's not common, and is classed as a 'visitor'.

I can only find that on Google images as one picture which won't enlarge but
seems to be of a pear! If I type in spurge caterpillar, I get a critter
that's got reddish bits and white spots - nothing bright green to the body
or yellow to the spots.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)