Old 17-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:
On 17/8/05 18:32, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:
Sacha wrote:
[...]
To be fair, this group has undergone an awful lot of pushing around
and Garden Banter is a pain, to boot. And the original post came
from Texas - I can't help feeling that people in Texas could just
possibly answer that question, you know. On top of that, do you
*really* think anyone is so stupid as to think you can buy plant
material in a package and have it continue to 'grab other things'?

No, it's very hard to imagine that. Which is why I chose to try and
work out what the OP might have meant: some people do find written
language a challenge -- you see quite a lot of it in other
newsgroups. It somehow didn't feel like a troll to me, though it may
well have been one.

That's perfectly possible. I've sometimes chastised more impatient people
on this group if I think they have been unkind to someone who has trouble
with written English. But I really do feel it extremely unlikely that
anyone, whatever their native language or their abilities to write, would
think live plant material can be packaged for sale, so as to do its original
job of assisting a plant to grow upwards on a trellis or on other plants.

There are a lot of Hispanics in Texas...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/