Old 06-12-2002, 04:59 PM
MC Emily

Default When to sow Cowslip seeds?

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote

Blimey, I'm sounding veeeery amateurish
here, aren't I?

Not amateurish, just someone at the start of a serious gardening
avocation. There's lots to learn, and a large proportion of it
has to be learned in the hardest way imaginable, by making
mistakes that kill the plants. It's very humbling, when you stop
and think about it.

Gosh, I'm sure I can handle this emotional turmoil!! ;o))

One recommendation: do *not* keep the labels of plants that have
died!

LOL!!!!

Turning to your specific situation, if you think that sowing seed
of hardy plants (not necessarily cowslips) might become a regular
event in your life, then maybe it's time to cobble together a
coldframe.

OK, I'm interested in doing this but can I use clear perspex rather than
glass, for safety's sake? I have to admit to not liking glass at all, after
having an accident some years ago with a glass tumbler. I even have my wine
out of a perspex 'glass' now!!

Thanks,
Jaqy