Old 17-08-2005, 10:41 PM
dotCompost dotCompost is offline
Registered User

Location: sarf west London

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBB
I have started a compost pile to use on my garden next year. The pile has
been in place for several months now, but nothing is happening. Here is
what I have in it: Plastic milk jugs, lava rocks, concrete cinders, several
pairs of old boots, a deer that was killed by a car, and a couple of bags of
household garbage. So far my pile looks nothing like the bags of compost I
can buy at garden stores. Whats the secret to it? Also, how are you
supposed to keep the odor down when composting animals? My neighbors are
really getting angry at me.
Hehe, I suggest you bring the whole lot indoors. Maybe ask some of your neighbours to join in and throw some of their stuff on top of the pile. Stand around the heap looking at it and drinking beer might help too.