Old 18-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Using sustainable techniques, least toxic solutions and organic
fertilizers crabgrass CAN be controlled much quicker. The only
crabgrass I have on the 5 acres of lawn I manage is in the area where
I have continued to not regularly top dress with quality compost after
aeration, and continue to use chemical fertilizers at "industry
standard" rates. Go to attra.org and download sustainable turf
documents....

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:42:16 GMT, "Dan"
wrote:

Stubby wrote:
Dan wrote:

Makes sense to me. Once established, that stuff's a bear to deal
with. When does crabgrass go to seed?

Right about now. You can expect to spend 2 or 3 years getting it
under control. Good luck.

Wow! I had no idea that crabgrass was that difficult to deal with.
I will attack the crabgrass today with a 2 gallon sprayer of Acclaim.

Thanks for the helpful info, Stubby.

Dan

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold