Old 17-08-2005, 09:19 PM
JennyC

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
On 17/8/05 18:32, in article , "Mike
Lyle" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
[...]
To be fair, this group has undergone an awful lot of pushing

around
and Garden Banter is a pain, to boot. And the original post

came
from Texas - I can't help feeling that people in Texas could just
possibly answer that question, you know. On top of that, do you
*really* think anyone is so stupid as to think you can buy plant
material in a package and have it continue to 'grab other

things'?

No, it's very hard to imagine that. Which is why I chose to try

and
work out what the OP might have meant: some people do find written
language a challenge -- you see quite a lot of it in other
newsgroups. It somehow didn't feel like a troll to me, though it

may
well have been one.

That's perfectly possible. I've sometimes chastised more impatient
people on this group if I think they have been unkind to someone

who
has trouble with written English. But I really do feel it

extremely
unlikely that anyone, whatever their native language or their
abilities to write, would think live plant material can be packaged
for sale, so as to do its original job of assisting a plant to grow
upwards on a trellis or on other plants.

Well, we haven't heard back, so who knows? My reply was based on
guessing that he or she was asking a) what to call tendrils, and b)
where to get passiflora seed.
Mike.

With hindsight I think the OP meant those green wire or plastic thingamabobs
that hold climbers to their supports.
Jenny