Old 18-08-2005, 04:38 AM

Thank you, and all others that replied to my message. I found that
Batteries Plus is right in town, Houston, TX. I took my batteries in
and the guy tested them saying they're fully charged and were also good
in load testing. I went ahead and bought new batteries anyway (and left
old ones there). Came home and installed them. I finally finished
cutting very tall grass!

Now the problem I find is that I can't recharge. I plugged the charger
into the mower (with new batteries) and plugged in charger power cord.
The charger light doesn't show either red or green. I doubt it's my
charger because my old batteries were fully charged according to the
guy. But I remember if the mower end is unplugged, the charger red
light should light up. Now it doesn't. I'm going to bring the charger
to the shop tomorrow and see if they can test it.

I need to make corrections to my yesterday's posting. Today I called
Batteries Plus and talked to another guy. He pulled my old batteries
out of his storage room and tested again. They were bad. He said
yesterday his associate didn't do the load test right.

Another correction. I thought if the charger was unplugged from the
mower but the other end is still on the wall outlet, the red light
should come on. Now I think that's wrong. I got a cordless electric
trimmer that still works. When I unplug the charger from the trimmer,
neither red nor green light is on on the charger.

Since I got the trimmer and its charger working, I used that as a
comparison. I measured voltage between the inside of the little hole of
the charger plug (which goes to the trimmer), and the outside metal.
It's 19.56 volt (even though the trimmer is 12 volt per the manual). If
I measure voltage this way on the mower charger, it's 0. So I think my
mower charger is bad. Unfortunately the trimmer charger can't plug into
mower charging port; the latter is a little too big. Otherwise I would
use the same charger to charge both. Anyway, I don't understand why my
mower batteries and charger went bad at about the same time.

For those curious, I bought two Werker batteries for $86. I printed a
10% off coupon from their Web site.

Yong Huang