Old 18-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Get with the program, Parody boy!!!

Obviously, you have never seen Jerry Barad's collection. He has most, if not
all, the Parodia and then some.

You lame attitude is why I call it the Parody cactus.

The genus was actually named for Argentine botanist Domingo Parodi but the
attitude of certain individuals who specialize in the genus "sensu stricto"
has been so laughable that the common name is an appropriate one. Parodia
just happens to be Spanish for "parody" anyway!

Any supposed distinction between Parodia and Notocactus is so blurred by
intermediate taxa such as Eriocactus, Brasilicactus, Brasiliparodia and
Wigginsia that any real generic distinction does not exist. DNA studies
support they all be included in a single genus. According to you, the
Creator must be an idiot too!!!!

On the other hand, Blossfeldia not only should not be included in Parodia,
it has recently been given its own subfamily!!!

Weingartia is now included in Rebutia but that's another story.

"imbsysop" wrote in message

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
m...
Big deal.

Its a bunch of Parodia, the "Parody Cactus", in bloom.

Not at all representative of the family as a whole.

I've seen much more than that.

ROTFLMAO .. Seen more than that ? In Parodia sensu strictu ? .. not in
your whole lifetime mate ! whatever wise cracks you may spit up .. :-) you
do not seem to show much knowledge here, only nitwits would call it
"Parody cactus" just to get/win some cheap audience ... I happen to have
all the Parodia that were ever described plus a lot more from habitat, so
kindly point me to the place where you've seen that "much more" ... oh I
see you've seen a couple of sq. ft in a nursery all with P. sanguiniflora
and you presume you've seen it all ?
& despite the acute "Andersonian sickness", it's only idiots that call
"Notocactus" a "Parodia" but isn't the (cactus?)world full of idiots ? ..
but top it up with pictures from your own collection .. we'd be happy to
see instead those instead of all the smalltalk you skillfully spead over
this forum :-) .. grapes too sour ?
... and despite your apprent cactus knowledge .. a bunch of them were not
Parodia but Weingartia .. another mud stain on yr family crest :-)