Old 18-08-2005, 06:44 PM
David W.E. Roberts

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:50:15 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

I've more than once tried to set up a "delete on receipt" rule for
messages whose "From" line contains certain groups. It doesn't work.
Is this because I'm doing something wrong, or because it's another
one of those M$ features which don't work for anybody?

I have a ruleset which works for 'uk.rec.yorkshire' (which used to be a
source of idiot X-posts).

"Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the message is on uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup
Delete it "

I am now just starting out with Pan because of the much better rule set.

However I have found it a little fragile under Windows; it seems rock
solid under Linux.

HTH
Dave R